Tuesday, October 19, 2021
HomeUncategorizedShutdown of Mets' deGrom extended two weeks

Shutdown of Mets’ deGrom extended two weeks


New York Mets ace Jacob deGrom would not pick up a baseball for at minimum one more two weeks as the team continues to keep an eye on swelling in his throwing elbow, manager Luis Rojas mentioned Friday.

DeGrom, 33, flew to Los Angeles earlier in the 7 days to have an MRI read through by medical doctors. It showed some progress in his recovery but not ample to start pitching again.

“It is really a bit increasing, but it truly is likely to be two a lot more months, no throwing,” Rojas said in a Zoom session with reporters. “Then we are going to see even more imaging just after two weeks.”

DeGrom has been out additional than a thirty day period already as the Mets have fallen out of first area in the Nationwide League East without the need of him on the mound. He is 7-2 with a 1.08 Era and has endured commences and stops to his year, leaving various games early owing to arm difficulties.

“He is pissed off,” Rojas reported. “He needs to pitch. He needs to help the team. There is certainly practically nothing he can do. Just have to dedicate to these two weeks.”

The Mets, who fell 6-5 to the Los Angeles Dodgers in the opener of a home sequence Friday evening, are a 50 %-recreation guiding the Philadelphia Phillies in the NL East.

DeGrom informed his teammates of his status after his return from Los Angeles.

“Even after hearing this news, I really don’t believe which is likely to put these guys’ heads down,” Rojas reported.

Rojas said they haven’t charted a prepare for deGrom if the Mets make it to the postseason.

“We haven’t talked previous the two weeks about any of that,” Rojas claimed. “We are likely to trust that these two weeks are heading to do perfectly for him.”



Resource connection

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments